I am several days behind in my blogging and taking on the challenges from our great GIS site. Sometimes I just get restless and can't seem to land on anything for very long. Last week on Thursday is when I got off track because I had to go to the sleep clinic for a sleep-study. Let me tell you, that was a funny situation and if I did not know that I have to go back again in two weeks, I would be laughing about it. Just thinking of another night in that place makes me shudder. I arrived at the sleep clinic at 7:45 pm just as instructed. The door was locked and I had to ring a doorbell. Along comes a young boy who lets me in. I thought he is probably just a nighttime janitor or something........well, he was my nurse for the evening. I swear he could not have been more than 14 years old by the looks of him........you know as you get older, it seems like doctors and nurses get younger and younger. Anyway, he led me to my room and said that I could get into my pajamas and he would be back to ask me some questions and then hook me up to all the various wires and gadgets that I would be forced to sleep with. It took him over an hour of rubbing my skin raw, applying glue and sticking these many wires to my head. They were all throughout my hair and on my forehead and on my chin, chest, side and legs. I had become the biotic woman reincarnated. Then a nasal wire was put by my nose and fastened behind my ears. Another nasal wire by my nose and a middle tube that went into my mouth. Good gosh, how was I supposed to sleep with all that stuff on me. By 9:00 pm he asked me to get into bed and they tested to see if I could be seen from the observation room. The bed was so low to the floor that with my poor knees I just knew it was going to be one heck of a struggle getting out of it again. The mattress was so thin, it was more like a cushion that you put on porch furniture and the bed itself leaned to one side. I got in as best I could and for the life of me I could not roll over or move away from the leaning side. I tried so hard to get comfortable but I was constantly on the verge of falling out. Finally I called the tech lady to come in because the bed was not cooperating. She said, Oh this always happens, try sleeping on the other side. I tried that and it was a bit better but I was still in a position of not being able to move at all. To sum it all up, I did not sleep well and I have to go back in two weeks to retake the test. Grrrrrrrrrrr
So that is my feeble excuse for not doing both Thursdays challenge and Fridays challenge. Needless to say, I was totally exhausted on Friday and not up for any kind of challenge at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment