Aug 6, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Today we are challenged to tell a story that we can just transfer to a layout. Since I was feeling rather melancholy today, I thought I would tell the story of how much I miss my sister Diane. It has only been 4 months since she passed away and my feelings are often still very raw. I loved her very much and I sometimes find it hard to do things that we used to enjoy so much together. Diane taught me to sew when I was just a young girl and she instilled in me many of the creative aspects that I have. We would often be involved in craft shows together and making things for my children or her grandchildren. I cherish the memories of her coming over to my house and spending 3 or 4 days when we just sewed and created things together. We were both so hearing impaired but it did not matter at all, we would carry on conversations and neither of us knew what the other was talking about. It got to be a real joke, and my husband would be amazed at the way we managed to just keep going and having a great time together. I guess we provided a good chuckle for him.
Volunteering at MVOB (My Very Own Blanket) is a wonderful but also a bittersweet experience. It makes me miss my sister Diane so much. This type of thing was something we enjoyed doing together.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

oh! linda! I love this!

losing someone so close is so hard - I'm glad you scrapped this, and what a wonderful thing to do - volunteering your talents - a gift that you shared!

hugs to you! and thanks for playing!!

see me said...

Well done on writing such difficult stuff- hope it hasn't stopped you from blogging!

Sense and Sensibility

Bind-it-all Project

Bind-it-all Project
Page Parts

Under the Weather

Under the Weather
My Pug loves me.

Family Roots

Family Roots