Whew! I have to start my blog off again saying what a beautiful day it is. Everyday is so lovely, it is amazing. I got my exercise at the pool and spent some time in the sun (just trying to get a little Vitamin D that I am so lacking). I have been trying to put kits together for our retreat next week end. I am so excited about it and just 8 more days and we are off to Indiana for a fun time with friends. Lori and Karen are planning to do a project on 9/11 because they both have so much data for that. I am not sure I will be working on one project, probably just a bunch of layouts from here and there. Actually, I really need to work on the layouts for the Scrap Yourself class. I am already a little behind but I did not have the right pictures and need to get to Archivers to print some out. My story is done, I just need to glue it all down. So I hope Debbie or anyone else does not think I bailed out, I am just a little slow getting it all posted.
Yesterday I was so thrilled to get a phone call from Ashleigh with good news. I knew that she was scheduled to have a very long grilling interview with the upper management at GE. However, I was totally surprised that she got an answer so fast. They offered her a full time position working for them when she finishes school at Miami University. It is really a very big deal because so few of the Interns were offered positions. She has some time before she has to give them an answer, but I think she will take it. This also means that she will be working for them during the school year in a remote capacity and that is great too because the money is better than what she does at the college in the computer lab. Way to Go Ashleigh!! Dad and I are soooooooooo proud of you.
Ed has been pretty consistent with his listing of items on Craigslist and he has been successful in selling quite a few. He does not make a mint off of any of it, but he feels good to be contributing to other people. He sold an air conditioner to a college kid for a low amount but the guy was so appreciative and he even took the time to send Ed a thank you email. Then he also sold a rocking chair to a 1st grade school teacher who said she was going to use it in the classroom for storytime. Well, it makes me feel good that my rocker will come to such good use and all those little kids will benefit from it.
Rattling on here, I hope everyone has had a lovely day and now I will get ready for the Chat we are having tonight with the participants of the Scrap Yourself Class. Have to think about the questions Debbie gave to Prime the Engines. Have to go back and think about people who I may have sat around the table with and what was said..........hmmmmm my family was definitely a kitchen table type. If anyone came over, we always sat around the table and talked. Lots of good memories from all of that talking.
SPELLBINDER NEW RELEASES Blog Hop
15 years ago

2 comments:
great news for your daughter! Have a great day!
Great to see you back blogging Linda.
Get those pages done.
Celia
Post a Comment