Aug 3, 2008

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good Morning,
Today is a beautiful Sunday morning and I just had my coffee and cereal out on the balcony. I can't get over the lovely weather that we have and how comfortable it is all the time out on the balcony. I do believe this is the nicest climate I have ever lived in.
I kind of did a foolish thing last night and stayed up until after 3:00am watching a movie. The Titanic. I saw it long long time ago in the theater but I have never seen it with the captioning, so this time I got to understand the story. Very very tragic and sad. I am not too sure I needed that for my mood; however, I am now up and ready to get some things done today. I am spending too much time mulling over ideas for my next Scrap Yourself layout. I need to just start putting things together and getting the story on paper. Discipline Linda........Discipline.
Tomorrow we are going to take a little road trip. Ahhhhh first time in over a week that I have even gone out of the house (except to the pool). We are going to drive to DeGraff, Ohio, which is about 2 hours from here and we will meet with Ed's brother Tom and his wife Gloria. They have flown in from California to attend a camp meeting at a church they are affiliated with. It is called the Church of God and Tom is a paster of a sister church in Mexico. They are both so strong in their faith and they try and try to influence both Ed and I to be participants. I do not have any objections to their church or beliefs, everyone always seems like good caring people and we can always use more of them in our lives. However, I do have some serious scars on my heart from over zealous religious people from the past and sometimes it is just hard to get past it. It is extremely hard for me to get the real feel for things when I am sitting in a room not hearing anything that is going on and trying my hardest to do what people think I should be doing. Something just keeps screaming at me an old phase that I was told when I was younger, "If God Wants you to hear, you will hear." Then when I don't, I have all these questions about why am I there and what does God want me to do? Sometimes faith is a very complicated thing and something that you either have or you don't have. Kind of like a singing voice, either you can sing or you can't sing.
Well, I posted the project that I did with my bind-it-all and I think it looks pretty spiffy. I don't know why it came up so far down the page but that is one of the things about this blog that frustrates me to no end. I sure wish I was more computer savvy. I love reading Celia's and Debbie's blogs and I wish I could list them on mine as favorites...........but for the life of me, I can't seem to do that. My youngest daughter is a real computer whiz and majors in Information technology, I just wish she could spend an afternoon with me and answer some of the many questions that I have. She is so busy though, I have not seen her one time since the day in May that we took her to Kentucky for the summer.
I need to get myself busy here now. I want to finish my layout today so that tomorrow I won't be stressing about it the whole time we are traveling to DeGraff. Hope everyone has a lovely and productive day.................talk more later.

No comments:

Sense and Sensibility

Bind-it-all Project

Bind-it-all Project
Page Parts

Under the Weather

Under the Weather
My Pug loves me.

Family Roots

Family Roots