It was a lovely day today and even though I did not complete my layout for the Scrap Yourself class like I intended, I did get some other things done. I just got off the phone with my dear sister Diane and it was good to know that she is doing better than she has been. I don't call as often as I would like because using the relay system stilts the conversation somewhat. Everything we say is filtered through another person's ears. Diane has difficulty hearing on the phone also, so we generally can only talk in short sentences and just cover the basics. It was nice to know that she is home after spending a great deal of time in a nursing home. She said she is doing so much better and that made my heart lighter. I do wish I could visit her more often, but now that we have moved a good 5 or 6 hours away to Cincinnati, it is not easy to plan a trip to her house in Orwell. Diane is 77 now and her husband Jerry is in his early 80's. The two of them are such a cute couple and they have had a long interesting life together. I am glad that they live with their daughter, Barbara and all her family. It is good to have the younger ones around to keep life interesting. Diane says the same thing and I hope it stays true when Barbara moves to Florida with her husband Dale in the next week. Barbara's daughter Kristie will move into the big house with her husband and 7 children. That could be a bit nerve wracking at times, but I do know that Diane has her own separate area of the house and she can escape to a more quiet area if she needs to.
This afternoon I was beginning to get a little melancholy and I just felt like I needed to get out of the house for a bit to see other people. Ed and I went to Outback and had a lovely dinner. We do not get to go out to eat that much anymore and it was a very nice change of pace. I enjoyed my steak, baked sweet potato and salad. Everything was very delicious.
Now it is time for me to really get to work on my project layout and perhaps bind another one of the Debbie Hodge Classes.
SPELLBINDER NEW RELEASES Blog Hop
15 years ago

1 comment:
I just found your blog! Over two months and you didn't update it!! there should be a law against that! I'm loving Debbie's class and your input is so genuine. I value your friendship.
Post a Comment