Aug 10, 2008

Sunday, August 10th, 2008

I just finished reading Celia's blog and my mind is far away and on lovely walk along the sea.........
I have been very busy the last two days going through all my photos and papers to get ready for my retreat coming up this next week end. Going through all my photos was fun, but also very disturbing sometimes. I feel like I have had so many different lives and they do not necessarily mess together. I grew up in New York and all my siblings for the most part are still there, so my family now does not have a day to day relationship with any of them. Actually if I mention one of my nieces or nephews which I have about 55 of, I have to explain myself and tell who this child belongs to. That is a little sad sometimes. Another thing that came to mind when I was sorting photos were all the times I have had people come and live in my home for a week, a month, a year or however long. I have brought so many of my nieces and nephews out her to Ohio for a summer and taken them to fun places before my own kids were born and then after too. I think I have tried over the years to unite the family in some way even though I am the one who moved far away. Now, money is a problem and we just do not go back to visit and it seems like everyone has just faded away. I wish I would hear from people more often. Guess I got a little homesick doing those photos. I have learned though that you really can't go back, because all those people have gone on with their lives too and there are so many of the original family that is now gone. I guess I just long to go back to the way it was once in awhile, to a time before the world got so big and so complicated.
I am sorting paper and embellishments too and weeding out things that I have just too much of or have not used and probably never will. It is liberating and refreshing to see my shelves becoming empty and much more organized. I am still trying hard to sell my Cricut Machine. I have the larger one, the Expressions and I really do not need both. Wish I could find a buyer because the extra money would really help out with gas expense this coming week when we go to Kentucky to move Ashleigh home and then go to Indiana for the retreat.
The weather here has been so beautiful, not too hot but always sunny and lovely. I feel so sorry for the people sitting at the Olympics in the pouring down rain. Sure does not seem fair. I have not watched that much of the Olympics, but I did see some of the opening ceremony and then a few events here and there while eating lunch or dinner. So many dedicated and fabulously talented young people. It really makes me marvel at their determination and the long hard training they have done to be that good.

1 comment:

Terry said...

get those kits put together so you can get a lot of scrapping finished! You'll have so much fun. It's a shame things get so busy and people drift apart. The same thing has happened in our family.

Sense and Sensibility

Bind-it-all Project

Bind-it-all Project
Page Parts

Under the Weather

Under the Weather
My Pug loves me.

Family Roots

Family Roots